The Greater Libertyville Soccer Association (GLSA) is on a mission.
The GLSA seeks to provide and promote a positive soccer experience for every participant, and it has been doing just that since 1974.
Made up of both recreational and competitive programs, in addition to one for adults, the GLSA strives to meet and involve every level of interest and player ability. In addition to regular soccer camps and programs, two annual tournaments are held: The Octoberfest Classic and The Libertyville Cup.
In fact, The Libertyville Cup Youth Soccer Festival takes place this Memorial Day Weekend, May 22–25, 2015, at the Libertyville Township Soccer Complex. There will be levels of competition for every age and team level, across an expanse of more than 80 acres, which holds 24 fields.
Without the hard work and generosity of the entire community — including a great coaching staff, all the volunteers and of course the sponsors — not only would events like this be impossible, but the GLSA wouldn’t have the enormous impact it does on the health and future of the area’s youth.
For example, even though the Libertyville Cup is not a college showcase, per se, the tournament committee states that it will contact college coaches on the behalf of players participating in the event, a move which could change the future of a young athlete.
The coaching staff at GLSA is composed of accomplished people, many of whom are not only highly experienced players themselves, but who are also NSCAA and USSF credentialed coaches, including:
- Michael Zovistoski, Executive Director, Twitter @Zovistoski
- Joshua Paskiewicz, Director of FC 1974 Teams, Twitter @JPFC1974
- Jeff DeGroot, Staff Coach, Twitter @JeffWDeGroot
The Illinois Bone & Joint Institute is a GLSA partner, having offered its services to GLSA athletes since 2005. These services include on-the-field first-aid as well as complimentary injury screenings at the Libertyville Sports Complex and other local IBJI locations.
It really does take a village, and there are plenty of other sponsors, both local and national, whom we feel deserve recognition.
- CrossFit Freedom, Libertyville, Facebook: CrossFit Freedom
- Pauly Honda, Libertyville
- Liberty Auto Plaza, Libertyville, Facebook: Liberty Auto Plaza
- Culver’s of Libertyville, national Twitter: @Culvers and Facebook: Culvers
- Total Image Photographics, Grayslake
- Viccino’s Pizza Company, Libertyville, Facebook: Viccinos and Twitter: @ViccinosPizzaCo
- Lurvey Landscaping, Park City, Facebook: Lurvey Landscape
- Gino’s East of Chicago, Libertyville, Facebook: Gino’s East Libertyville and Twitter: @ginoseast